Friday, July 27, 2007

Night Shift: Mr Jackal


Ok I loved it when Jolene called Spinelli "Mr Jackal" I just got such a kick out of it. What was up with Lulu? She seemed to be a bit.. like umm something was stuck in an uncomfortable place or something.

Well Lulu went with Spinelli to the ER for an unnecessary check up at the his request. His plan was to make Nurse Jolene impressed about having the Lulu as his girlfriend (I think).

the Jackal transforms 'fine' to 'not fine' when he spots the "angel of mercy".
Jolene and Spinelli have a sweet momment where she tells him that she knows what he needs and presents him with BBQ chips & Orange Soda. She get some major points from me for that. She did reject the Jackal's offer for attending the tech expo with him. So it was a wash. (Spinelli I would go with you)

She's the coolest!
Then we are treated with a cute scene with Jason and Spinelli. Like all Jason and Spinelli scenes it is full of great fun and moments.

Now that we are now done with episode three let me give you my thoughts less far on the serise as a whole. Yes it has unrealistic storylines and sometimes poor dialog but as I was watching this episode my face hurt from smiling so much. I don't get that from GH right now. I do prefer GH Spinelli slightly over NS Spinelli but I am enjoying the show.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure how I feel about NIGHT SHIFT. It seems to be more character driven than GH and has alot of heart. Still, I prefer Spin on GH. He's so much more than comic relief, there.

That said, Jaspin are so good. Those two are squeezable when together. There's something so sweet (and amusing) about Jason's genuine bond with such a strange young man.

I think Lulu might have been a bit jealous. She was acting pissy.It appears that Lulu's purpose in this episode was a prop to make Jolene jealous. It was strange.

This is where NIGHT SHIFT misses for me because Spinlu have been in a long deep story together. That is stifled on NIGHT SHIFT for puppy love for a girl who the audience has no connection too.

That's not saying that none of the new characters have struck a chord with me, because I adored that old woman, and really like Julian and yes, Cody..

Dr. Julian is great with Maxie, and he's just comes across sort of like Luka on ER.

For a troubled war vet, they are doing a much better job with Cody in two episodes, (and those few scenes on GH) than they have been with Logan who has been on GH for months. I like the actor. He is obviously violent and troubled, addicted to drugs, but you feel like that there is goodness underneath. (I hope?) I like him with Lainey--Lamey psychiatrist, but finally she seems to be doing alright this time..

Loved the BABY MINE song at the end, and I hated that the old lady died. I wonder if Jolene or Layla killed her. (I hope it wasn't dr. Julian)

"Burn-da" remains a mystery.

--spikey

Anonymous said...

NIGHT SHIFT is ok for me. I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. I like Bradford in both shows. I think he is much better on GH though. I don't like any of the PEPTO-BISMOL girls. In both shows Jason will always been seen as a hero.(thanks to the writers)
spinluv (^_^)