Friday, September 14, 2007

"Falling Star" (Night Shift)

LOL, I was hoping Penny would be back for this one. :/

I guess we need to talk about the large elephant in the room..

On NIGHT SHIFT, the racier AU GH, our sweet, innocent Spin had sex with the serial killer last night. Spin thinks she likes him, while Jolene is actually using sex to divert him from finding out she's a murdering nutcase..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

We knew sooner or later, our Spin would lose his virginity. Most were hoping for it to be someone who might love him, like Georgie or Lulu. I also think most expected Spin's first time to be awkward and poignant, since more times than not that's how first time sex is. So, (if you want to discuss) how do you feel that this awful girl who obviously finds him repulsive, was his first? Can you seperate the two shows? Does it ruin the story for you on the mother show?

On one hand, I can see the point that this somehow spoiled the fun, (obviously Robin/Patrick fans are having a really hard time right now) and it's hard to seperate the shows when they play the same characters. (I'm really hoping Guza does have an explanation at the end, whether dream or whatever)

OTOH, I love Cody/Lainey and Maxie/Dr. Julian.. Love Regina, Jason/Robin's closeness, etc. Would love that these characters/situations brought to the main show after NS was over. Actually NS can be a far more entertaining show than GH. I prefer the character driven to plot driven, and NS definitely has that going for it. Right now, it's really my favorite of the two shows.

Thoughts?

10 comments:

Penny said...

OMG My Spin had sex with murder Jolene?

spikey said...

There you are! LMAO. Yes!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I thought it was great.Spin was awkward/funny and sweet.it didn't ruin anything for me,I think some times people take things to seriously.if you loosen up, you'll enjoy both shows better IMHO.

Anonymous said...

^^ ICAM,people need to lighten up.some Spin fans were freaking out,saying how they ruined him and the next time well be meaningless.I was like WTF,for one it's AU and sometimes your first experience isn't with someone you love.I thought it was hilarious and bittersweet.

spikey said...

Overall, I think the Scrubs fans are having far worse time with the AU concept than the Spin fans. (We got the serial killer, who will be Babe on AMC, they got a new regular on GH, Leyla)

Anonymous said...

I am having a hard time with GH & NS right now. I hate what they are doing to Spinelli. IMO,The writers are making him look like a bumbling idiot. He is not the funny, adorable & lovable character he was several months ago. His brain has suddenly turned to mush in favor of idolizing Lulu & Jolene. We,(Bradford fans) have been reduced to being grateful for any scenes he gets,no matter how plot driven they are. The women of these two shows use Spin as their personal toy to play with when they need a diversion.
I have watched GH for many, many years. I have never become attached to anyone before, but Spin was such a refreshing change. I couldn't help but root for him. I feel that the writers are messing up my favorite man & it is making me VERY angry!

spinluv

Anonymous said...

I'm far from a prude, but I felt like I needed to take a shower after this week's episode of NS. Jolene wiping her mouth after her seduction of Spinelli was just too eww. Jason should have gone bowling with her. Heh.

Anonymous said...

I have absolutely no problem separating NS from GH. I see NS as an experiment and I respect the idea. ITA that people might be taking NS way too seriously and not get so confused by the different activities on each show. I was very surprised though Jolene's "seduction" led all the way to sex, because it has indeed been the elephant in the room (good phrasing, Spikey) because Spinelli's so against type and I'm sure everyone has been wondering (I know I have) how it would go. I certainly don't think of the Jolene scene as a love scene, and even though Spin lost his virginity I don't see this as ruining his first love scene on GH, whoever it may be with. I'm actually relieved that Spin's crossed that line; I think it makes it easier for the character to have his first genuine love scene on GH.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to react to Stephanie's post; I agree that Jolene's expression afterwards was really icky. She was so repulsed it certainly doesn't do Spin's character any favors. I also agree with Spinluv re: what's been happening to Spin's character (have posted on other boards about it for the past few weeks). Spinelli seriously needs a re-vamp closer to what he was when he first came on, only with character growth added in. The geek aspect of his character (which, imo, wasn't really foremost in the beginning) has been totally overblown at the expense of almost everything that makes him so watchable. TPTB need to get a grip fast.

Anonymous said...

yeah he had sex with her but on gh hes still a virgin