Wednesday, November 7, 2007

The Adventures of Spin & Nadine


Ok I have to admit it I am really liking Nadine. I like how she sees and treats Spinelli. The actress is great and I really think this may work. She may be worthy of my Spinny. Yesterday was so much fun. I am starting to like GH again and not just watch it like I am trying to down some really bad medicine.

Problems with Spinlu:
Lulu is mean to Spin and Spin is obsessive over Lulu. I really don't have much more to say on this because I have already said it before.

Problems with G-Spin:
Georgie a smart mature woman (who has already been married) is playing a 15 year old with a obsessive crush and poor Spin does not even have a clue. Its not working. I like G-Spin I have liked may of their scenes but they have de-aged Georgie by at least 5 years. I love Lindze she is has just been dealt a bad hand by the writers. Its sad it could have been done so much better.

Nadine seems to see Spinelli for who he is and still likes him (see no obsession on ether side here) Bradford and Claire Coffee (umm Coffee. Another reason to like her) really seem to work well off each other. So nut jobs in charge and writers who are currently on strike give my Spin a romance.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great points, Penny!

I'm loving Nadine and the potential of her with Spinelli too. She seems quite quirky but also mature, and I think that's perfect for our Spin!

I agree about "de-aging" Georgie...she does seem like a teenager with a crush. I've never liked her much since the beginning, but I must admit that she has gotten a raw deal in the last year or so.

Lulu is being quite mean to Spin. I get that she's "with" Logan and has some interest in Johnny, but does she really have to do all that at the expense of Spin? Once again, the writers can't multi-task a person's relationships ;)

Glad to see you blogging more, I hope everything is going well for you!

Penny said...

I mean I LOVE Spinlu I really do but Lulu has been cruel. Choosing dirt bag Logas every time. Bi%%ch.
My husband is back working so it should be easyier for me to blog. I have turned into taxi driver Penny but I have more time.

Anonymous said...

That's great that your hubby is working -- I wish you guys the best :)

spikey said...

Penny, it's good to hear that you are BACK! YAY!

Spinna (Nadinelli, Spindine?) really are cute together. Spin needed someone who played off his whacky side, and she seems to fit the bill. The scenes with AZ, Nadine/Poker and Spin/sword were so funny. I like that she's not overly impressed with Jason and that she is good for Spin's self esteem. She's beautiful, blonde and quirky and she really seems to like him for himself and not what he can do for her.

The scenes with Liz, Nadine, Spin and the knocked out guy made me LOL, too.

I wanted to like them, but I couldn't get on the Georgie and Spin bandwagon. With him, she just seemed like a buzz-kill, for lack of a better description. Maybe if they incorperated more of Lindze's real life personality into Georgie, they'd sparkle, because Lindze's absolutely adorable.

Also, Georgie fans aren't going to be satisfied with her playing second fiddle to Lulu, because of what went down with Dillon. I understand that, but I think Lulu is destined to always be in the cards for Spin, and they are going to have their occasional sparkly scenes together. He truly LOVES her, and I don't think that is ever going away--nor do I think I want it to, to be honest. The character's loyalty/devotion is one of the great things about him.

Spinlu? I love them. I don't think she's ready for true love anymore than he is right now. I am hoping that once he gains maturity and experience, and she does too...