Saturday, January 26, 2008

Love Affair Interview

Bradford and a few other stars where interviewed by The Albany Herald
http://www.albanyherald.com/stories/20080126f1.htm
by CATHY HIGGINS The Albany Herald

When “General Hospital’s” Bradford Anderson approached jazz standard “My Funny Valentine,” he knew he had his work cut out for him.

“The thing is, it is one of the most depressing songs in the world,” he said in a recent telephone interview from the soap’s Los Angeles studio. “This person is miserable because they’re pining for the person they’re singing to.”

Not only that, but the actor follows a long line of more than 600 singers to perform “My Funny Valentine” since Richard Rodgers and Lorenz Hart penned it in 1937.

“Everyone’s sung it,” said Anderson, who plays Damian Spinelli on “General Hospital.”

Everyone from Frank Sinatra and Barbra Streisand to Van Morrison and Carly Simon.

But Anderson found conquering the song, itself, to be the most formidable task.

“Vocally, it’s pretty challenging,” he said.

But when the New York University Tisch School of the Arts graduate recorded the tune, he had a little inspiration from someone special, who sat in on the session.

“I sang it to my girlfriend,” Anderson said
There are some other great parts so check out the whole article.

2 comments:

spikey said...

He sang it to his girlfriend? Awwww.

I bought it.

I like most of the songs picked, and the samples sounded wonderful.

Of course, we have gushed over that sample of BA. I have always wanted to hear him sing and THAT is definitely one of my favorite songs--even though as he said, it's very depressing.

spikey said...

I also would love to add that I wish he'd sing his favorite song, THE LUCKIEST on something later on.

That is just a BEAUTIFUL song all the way, and I bet he could really do it justice.