Thursday, December 1, 2011

Merry Christmas, GH fans.

Santa came a little early this year

I don’t like to see anyone lose their job, but sometimes it’s necessary (especially if it’s long overdue). When Robert Guza, Jr was let go…he wasn’t the only one at fault. He wasn’t the only one that should have been leaving. (I’m looking at you Anne Sweeney and Brian Frons & Robert Iger who clearly want more talk shows that people don’t want or need) but GH executive producer, Jill Farren Phelps was also on this list. But let’s face it; they aren’t really ever going to start making changes from the top (they will start elsewhere like most businesses).

Sure Guza & Phelps, etc brought us many of our past & current favorite actors/actresses/stories/characters/couples/etc... And I do thank them, but thats not why I am writing this. That is not the focus (and no I am not celebrating that fact people lost their jobs) I am however celebrating the fact that HUNDREDS may not be losing their job, and a genre may not be dying. That alone is worth celebrating. Worth being happy, hopeful and excited.

When Garin Wolf took over, I was ecstatic. I saw hope. I saw new life being breathed into a show that is on life support. There seemed to be more of a balance, more vets coming out that we haven’t seen in years. Everyone seemed to be involved. Though seems for the past two months, things have been in a way reverting back to the old ways. Same ol same ol everyday and several days if not weeks with out seeing certain characters or hearing about certain stories.

Well not only is General Hospital getting One Life to Live executive producer, Frank Valentini… They are also getting their head-writer ; Ron Carlivati (who was suppose to be coming before but then was going to do OLTL vie online…I won’t get into that as I am still VERY bummed One Life to Live is officially over as it in my opinion was and currently is the best one left)…WHICH means if we get two of the reasons why it kicks butt so much…either 1. ABC wants GH to go out with a bang or 2. ABC really would like to see GH survive.

I’d rather see a few people get replaced vs. even more hundreds out of a job. I haven’t seen anything that Wolf is officially out…Maybe he will be a breakdown script writer (again) or maybe he will be a script writer. I haven’t seen anywhere that he is officially out of a job. (Which is good). I think this could be really positive for mostly everyone (sorry we all know there will be changes) for everyone at GH.

Drop a little note to Bradford or his new bosses. Let them know that you adore Bradford and Spinelli and want to see much more of him in 2012.

Ron Carlivati/Frank Valentini/Bradford Anderson
c/o General Hospital
4151 Prospect Ave
Hollywood, CA 90027

No comments: