Thursday, March 29, 2007

The Jackal Struggles.....

Just when I thought I was as bored as I could possibly get without falling asleep from watching the "mobster madness" that is Sonny/Jason/Alcazar and their "gals," the Jackal comes along and puts an emotion chip in Jason Morgan! Their scenes together are just outstanding. Steve Burton has a real twinkle in his eye in his scenes with Bradford (I wonder if he, too, gets bored with his storyline?) The "Lulu Has Three Dates" storyline would keep me intrigued enough, but I have to say, Steve and Bradford in a scene together is just magic. It isn't just the dialogue, but the entire shift in personality that it brings to the character of Jason - and MUCH needed, might I add. Kudos to Steve and Bradford for having major chemistry and charisma on screen together. Loving it!

My heart just went out to Spinelli today, mustering up the courage to tell Jason that, believe it or not, the Jackal may rule cyberspace but in reality...."he struggles." My daughter was watching with me (not a soap watcher herself and having never seen Spinelli before), and she yelled out "HE IS SO CUTE! AWWWW!!!!" My sentiments exactly. They could have had Jason giving a long lecture, but the answer was perfect - "listen." The chick magnet spoke, and the Jackal was grateful for the knowledge.

Between the hostage crisis episodes, the Bradford/Steve "dynamic duo" scenes, and the "Lulu and her Suitors" storyline, it has really brought it home to me how bored I had become with a soap I have watched for...well...a LOT of years but kept watching out of...loyalty? Habit? I realized that I have not eagerly anticipated watching GH for...well like I said, a LOT OF YEARS (don't ask me, I won't tell!) :) Now I can't wait to see it everyday. My fast forward button is still getting quite a workout, but if Bradford hits the screen with ANY cast member, I won't miss a second. I'm traveling this coming Monday and Tuesday and will miss the show, and I am already trying to con people into recording the episodes for me. I haven't felt the need to go that far in quite some time.

Bradford, I already told you....that daytime Emmy is coming! :)

1 comment:

Penny said...

Wow.. How true is that. Makes me think how many of us "struggle" too. Perhaps this is what attracted me to Spinelli in the first place. He seems real to me.

Not everyone has life and relationships as easy as most of the fictional characters of Port Charles.

Bradford is such an amazing actor. His acting is 'rich'. He does just say the lines he feels & acts the lines.