Wednesday, May 2, 2007

And the grasshopper grows....

Although I have to say I normally feel like throwing the nearest heavy object at the TV when it comes to the writing on GH recently, I do LOVE how they are allowing Spinelli's character to grow. In the past, if Jason had yelled at him in the way he did today - "DELETE IT!" - Spinelli would have been majorly traumatized and made a hasty exit. Today, he was obviously hurt but stood his ground. "Consider it deleted." This shows a major turning point for Spinelli, definitely in his relationship with Jason and hopefully with others as well. He is learning that not every moment of anger or outburst of emotion should be taken personally.

Spinelli seemed to feel the moment as well, allowing him to muster up the courage to confront Scott. I think he realized he may have pushed his limits a bit, but he's come a long way from the scared rabbit he was six months ago, and he knows it.

But leaving the bag of chips for Jason - "they help" - showed us that no matter how much the grasshopper learns and grows, he'll always have the sweet, caring side we've grown to love.

I say it every day, but it bears repeating. Writers can only put words on paper. It takes a certain caliber of actor to give it life, emotion and character. Bradford never misses the mark. He hits it...and beyond.

2 comments:

Penny said...

Rene how exciting I can't wait to watch that episode. :)

Bradford#1fan said...

Bradford Anderson is a phenomenal actor. When I watch Bradford play Spinelli he reminds me of when I first saw Tony Geary on GH. I personally think Bradford Anderson is going to be a GH legion like Tony Geary. I can't weight for Bradford Anderson to win his first Emmy for his role as GH's Spinelli. Bradford Anderson is such a joy to watch. I absolutely love his seines with Steven Burton, Jason and Julie Brenan, Lulu. Bradford Anderson, Spinelli is priceless. Bradford Anderson makes GH so much better. I hope and pray GH keeps Bradford Anderson, Spinelli on GH for a very, very long, long time.