Wednesday, August 29, 2007

CARTS WORLD PREMIERE!

FINALLY!! I have been hinting here and on the other boards that there MIGHT be another venue to see Bradford, and now it's finally time to announce it!

Long story, but this year, I am working on the staff of the Temecula Valley International Film and Music Festival. I emailed Chris Cashman, writer and director of Carts, (starring Bradford!) earlier in the year and told him he should definitely submit the film to the festival. For the past several months, I have been working diligently to get the film recognized as the greatness that it is (and it definitely is!) with the programmers and communicating back and forth with Chris. Only 120 films are accepted to the festival, and they received over 1000 FILMS!! So Carts definitely had to stand out. FINALLY it was announced that the film was ACCEPTED!! And just a few days ago, we finally got the schedule of the screenings.

CARTS WORLD PREMIERE!

Thursday, September 13, 2007, 6:00 p.m. at the Temecula Valley International Film and Music Festival, Temecula, CA - see www.tviff.com for more info, directions and tickets (there's LOTS of reasons to attend this 5-day festival - see the site!)

Also a SECOND showing on Saturday, September 15 at 9:00 p.m.

ALSO showing at the VALLEY FILM FESTIVAL in El Portal Theatre at 5269 Lankershim Blvd. North Hollywood, Friday, September 14th at 7:30 p.m.

Because of my staff affiliation with the festival, I have viewed CARTS (IT'S GREAT AND SO IS BRADFORD!!) and with Chris Cashman's encouragement and blessing, I wrote a review for the film. Chris was thrilled with it and is having his web site guy add it to the official site (though tonight, I don't see it as of yet) and to Internet Movie Database. He asked that I try to get the review out to other sites as well, especially Bradford's official and fan sites. I sent it to Shelley, Bradford's official site mistress and I will post a link as soon as it is available. I want to post it here but will wait for Penny to tell me HOW she wants me to post it (in a post? A separate review area?)

I was lucky enough to meet Chris Cashman and his lovely wife, Lisa, at the festival Media Night on August 16th, and they are SUCH nice people!! He feels fairly confident that Bradford WILL be attending one of the screenings, so KEEP CHECKING BACK!! Once I know for sure, I will let everyone know. I have made Chris promise an up close and personal meeting with Bradford as a thanks for pushing this film so hard with the festival. :) So let's hope I have some great photos and a story to share SOON!

HOPE TO SEE SOME OF YOU SO-CAL'ERS AT THE FESTIVAL - OR IF YOU ARE FROM OTHER AREAS MAKE THE TREK! IT'S WORTH IT!! A host of OTHER celebrities will be on hand at the festival this year too, including a Lifetime Achievement Award for Smokey Robinson (who will be there!) as well as a surprise MAJOR headliner band as part of the Music Fest. Plus some other MAJOR celebs that will be a surprise!

HAPPY RENE'!

4 comments:

Penny said...

wooo hoo.. how exciting. Renee.

Anonymous said...

Renee, good work. That's great.

--spikey

Bradford#1fan said...

Please how can those of us that can't get to the film festival, because we live on the other side of the US get to see carts? Please I can't weight to see Carts. Please let us know how we can see it. Thank you so very.

Rene' said...

Hi!

I know Chris has submitted to MANY festivals, but these are the first so far to accept and have screenings. Make sure to check out the official Carts MySpace page as that is where Chris posts screenings, updates and HOPEFULLY a public DVD release!!

www.myspace.com/cartsmovie

The official movie web site is
www.insamwetrust.com

Let's hope it hits the East Coast soon!