Saturday, July 25, 2009

Maybe it's me...

Maybe it is just me, but Spixie is everything I could hope for in a romantic story.  

Damian Spinelli has captured my heart through his gentle soul and different way of looking at the world.  A person like Damian Spinelli could easily become bitter and jaded but he seems to remain above the darkness with his ability to see the good in people.  And despite his (up until now) constant rejections, he has also remained a hopeful romantic.

Maxie has forever been a creature of loss.  She has lost so much that she had built walls that could not be broken, could not be gotten around.  Until Spinelli came along. With the simplicity of true love and belief in the goodness that resided in the deepest recesses of her heart, he breached those walls and found his way inside.

Spixie is a classic love story and yet, is so refreshingly different.

I cannot tell you how much I am enjoying this story right now, and hope that we get everything we deserve as viewers - young love and romance and true respect for a love partner.  Maybe it is because I am a hopeful romantic myself.  Maybe it is because of the actors - two phenomenal talents that jump off the screen.  Maybe it is because I still hold out hope for this kind of love in my own life.  Spixie is, in my opinion in the same category as some of the super couples in soap history.

1 comment:

Mike4000 said...

Great post you've said everything I've always thought of that makes Spixie special.

The one thing I disagree with you on is lumping them in as a soap super couple. They are a great couple/romance period. I think they could hold their own in any genre or medium, they are way beyond what you usually see in soaps IMHO.