Sunday, June 24, 2007

A beautiful day on the green.....

http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger2/4792/606187250944988/1600/z/221873/06-24-07_1132-788105.jpg
Today I met Bradford Anderson. He IS as nice as everyone says. He is very gracious and went around to everyone at the event.

I arrived at the Derryfield Country Club around 11:30. I found out the event would be outside on the deck. The deck is beautiful, it over looks the golf course. People were gathered inside waiting to be allowed on the deck. We could see him on the other side of the glass doors on the porch. He was wearing a Manchester Animal Shelter t-shirt. It was funny because everyone was looking but were trying to look like they weren't looking LOL
http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger2/4792/606187250944988/1600/z/876497/06-24-07_1154-715337.jpg
They called out our names and we went out on the patio. They had pictures and shelter t-shirts (Shelley if your reading this charge a bit more next time) I got a t-shirt it is great. I loved helping out such a worth wild cause. I also got THREE pictures (wait to find out my plans for two of them)

I recognized Allison and sat with her. She and her amazing friend and the other person we sat with were great company.

Bradford started out by saying he toured the Manchester Animal Shelter yesterday and he was so impressed with it. He mentioned that as a whole NH has a very low euthanasia rate.

A picture of Bradford during his shelter tour yesterday with cat Spinelli credit picture http://www.manchesteranimalshelter.org/
He then started his trek to visit every table. He really took time with everyone. We where one of the last tables so we watched him with a lot of the people.

Allison was put an empty chair at our table so he sat at first right between Allison and I. He recognized Allison and was very happy she came and remember where she lived. He was so kind. He didn't know who I was till the end and I told him my name. Then he mentioned the blog. He was great.


Allison, me and Jen at our table. there is a picture of Allison's super cool friend in my earlier pictures
(pictures credit to Jen on our table (thank you for sending them)

Then after a bit they had a raffle for a shelter shirt and then a group photo.
picture 074
(credit photo http://www.manchesteranimalshelter.org/)
Allison and I then said goodbye.

5 comments:

Bradford#1fan said...

Penny,
It looks like everyone had an awesome time. I'm so glad you all had awesome weather for the event. The pictures are so beautiful. Thank you so very much for sharing them with all of us. Please I hope you do not mind I save them to my shared pictures. Again thank you so very much for sharing them with all of us.
I met Bradford on June 2, 2007, at a PA in NYC. Bradford is so special. I love Bradford more then ever now that I got my dream of meeting him. Bradford reminds me of my cousin Marc who is like a bother to me. I'm going to be seeing Bradford on July 13, 2007, at the Sportsman's Lodge in Studio City when I go out to visit my cousins including my Cousin Marc. My Cousins live a half mile from the Sportsman's Lodge.

Anonymous said...

So that picture of Bradford and Spinelli the cat, were those given out as promotional items or was that a one of a kind? I must have one.

Thanks for all the pictures too, that must have been so cool to meet him.

Penny said...

It was just a picture the shelter staff had. It would have been a perfect picture for the event.. I think the shelter is going to post those soon. I hope. :) It is a great picture

Joanne Jag said...

Hi Penny,
Glad that you enjoyed the event. Bradford was terrific and we hope to have him come back next year. The pictures I took, including the original one of Bradford with Spinelli the Kitten are posted at http://www.zude.com/5AC07062510500990578. We'll print up copies of that photo for him to autograph at next year's event.
Thanks for attending!
Joanne Jag

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had such a good time, and that you got to share the experience with Allison. I was fortunate enough to attend the event in NYC with her, and that made it even more special.