Sunday, July 8, 2007

July Challenge: Spinelli The Reason I Watch General Hospital

I first started watching General Hospital the summer that Lulu had to
decide whether she was ready for a kid or if she wanted an abortion. I
started watching because my dad wouldn’t let me change the channel when
it was on, and since I didn’t have the patience to sit and wait for an
hour, I watched and learned all there was to know. And I learned to
love the show, but just not enough to continue watching it. Although
most soaps aren’t, there was nothing, no one, in the show that could
make me laugh. I didn’t expect there to be, but still.
That’s when Spinelli came into my life. Or on the show, that is. I was
about to walk away from my T.V. because my dad had started General
Hospital, and there was Spinelli, sitting on Alcazar’s couch. I turned
around and sat down. And that was that. I was hooked.
I watched and loved Bradford’s performance. I loved it! It was the one
thing that General Hospital had needed for so long. He made me laugh,
made me smile, and most of all; he kept me watching General Hospital.
And General Hospital has changed my life, in more ways than I can
explain on paper.
When Spinelli fell for Lulu, I couldn’t help but think that the show
couldn’t get better. He practically saved her in the hostage crisis,
and think of what would have happened if Spinelli hadn’t helped Jason
out. After the hostage crisis, the 3 Stooges were born, and the show
DID get better. I knew that Spinelli had no competition when it came to
Dillon and Milo, but it was just so funny, how much the three of them
cared for Lulu. And you could see that the love Spinelli had for Lulu
exceeded everything else. SpinLu became the newest thing in my life.
The Jackal and the Blonde One, it was perfection.
If you don’t think the SpinLu and 3 Stooges are funny, look at
Spinelli when he’s with Jason. Please tell me you laughed as hard as I
did, or at least cracked a smile for all the times those two are
together on set. The scene when Spinelli and Jason were in Sonny’s
office, and Spinelli gave Jason his bag of BBQ chips, it made me cry.
It was faultless. Spinelli has helped Stonecold with his secret, and
Jason has helped the Jackal with the Blonde one. And as much as Jason
doesn’t want to admit it, he knows that Spinelli is somewhat part of
his family now.
It doesn’t even matter, who it is that’s acting with Bradford during a
scene. I don’t know how to explain it, but when he’s on set, you can
see the difference of the actors that work with him. Carly actually
warmed up to him once, and Jason is always helping him when it comes to
Lulu, even though its hard to see it, its still there. Sonny, who was
the last person I expected Spinelli to be able to talk to, has somewhat
gotten used to him. He’s found Spin loyal, and that isn’t the least bit
hard to see. When it comes to Kristina, who alone is adorable, you
can’t help but going “aww” when the two are together. We know that
“half pint hacker” is just way to cute! What about Milo? You didn’t see
him on as much, but with the 3 Stooges…and we’ve seen a newer side to
Dillon as well. Look what Spinelli has done to the GH family!
The nicknames, the love, the friendships, and even the hats. They’re
all part of who Spinelli is. He’s funny, sweet, and so very special,
all in his own way. He brings a smile to General Hospital, on AND off
set. What would we be without him? There wouldn’t be this website,
there wouldn’t be smiles on everyone’s faces while watching the show,
and I know that I wouldn’t be writing this paper, let alone watching
GH. Thank you Spinelli, thank you Bradford, and thank you General
Hospital. Where would YOU be without Spinelli?
------
I'm known as BlackKatRaven, I just turned 14, so I'm probably one of
the youngest people watching GH, but I love it so much! I've been
watching for a whole year now, and its one of the things that keeps my
life together!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an excellent essay! Talk about smiles, it put a big one on my face. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Sugar, I'm glad you found a GOOD reason to watch GH. Bradford is captivating. I'm glad you are willing to share the spinluv (^_^)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment on my essay your's was pretty awesome too. I'm glad that you have found a reason to watch GH also I was raised on that show and it is a great show and now that spinelli is on there its 10 times better. Congrats on getting so many votes. U gave me a run for my money lol. Well no one can say it wasn't interesting.
Steph