Thursday, February 28, 2008

Go Red for Women..

Today GH promoted awareness for Go Red for Women. We also got an an adorable scene with Spinelli and Maxie at Kelly's at the Go Red for Women luncheon.

Do you know that heart disease is the #1 KILLER of women in America? Well this is serious. We can sit here for hours talking about a character on a soap opera and at times we forget what is much more important. Our heath. My father died almost 10 years of a stroke almost a year from him having major bypass surgary. Heart disease is part of who I am. I don't want to leave this world far too early like my father did. He missed out on all his daughters getting married and his beautiful 5 grandchildren. I will because of family history have an increased risk of heart disease. Have you looked at your risks? Take the heart check up.

Ok now back to the show.
Maxie is a heart transplant recipient so we find her at the luncheon talking with Bobbie. Spinelli is looking on at the side and becomes touched at this whole other side of Maxie. I found this moment so warm. No picture can ever to it justice but it was a great scene. The look on Spins face as one of the warmest sweetest things I have ever see.

1 comment:

spikey said...

Yeah, I have heart disease in my family, too. My mother had bypass surgery and is a survivor, but her symptoms were nothing like what they say male experience. Just incredible TIREDNESS. She was diagnosed with anemia, because of the way she took care of herself and excercised, nobody suspected she was about ready to have a heart attack.

I did have a bit of a giggle at everyone talking about the kind of Healthy choice soup they ate. I think Luke was cured by Prego.

But yeah, Spinelli/Maxie's scene were so touching. They are really getting to me. I know I'm the only one, either.