Saturday, June 14, 2008

An afternoon with Bradford in NH

Well the Second Annual Meet & Greet to benefit the Manchester Animal Shelter is over and it was another great event. Bradford really takes time with everyone and makes no one feel second rate.

I had a busy morning pre-event. My baby had his six birthday party. Is it bad that I scheduled the party so that it would not conflict with this event?

I left my house a little after 2pm. I made it to the location before the event started though I was a little late because I could not find the place. (THANK YOU ALLISON FOR SAVING ME) I sat with my girl Allison during the event. She got some great seats. (uncomfortable but nice)

Bradford arrived shortly after 3pm. (I heard rumors he got just as lost as I did )

He did an question and answer section. I got some of it on video but I missed a lot of the first questions. (link to videos)

Some Highlights:

Spinelli may or may not have Aspergers. Its something thats been discussed and alluded to but its not something that is 'official' because its never been on the screen. They planned a more related storyline but he not sure if it will ever get picked up.

When Sonny called Spinelli "Freaky Boy" it was adlibed when the higher up said that Sonny needed to be mean to Spinelli. Maurice got Bradford a shirt that says FREAKY BOY three times.

Bradford is going to the Emmy's he is presenting with Jason Cook and Kirsten Storms. His date is his mom. No really He is bring his mom. Isn't he the sweetest guy ever.

Bradford would LOVE to do Dancing with the Stars but does not feel he is big enough.

I asked if we would get another Naked Spinelli Day. He said perhaps we just may. He then discussed he feels he has shown more skin then most everyone else on the show. He mentioned the scene where Spinelli was being 'trained' by same and he was shirtless. The lighting director asked that he be bronzed because his white chest was making the light reflect.

He spoke a his high school alma mater graduation yesterday (Friday) and he is getting excited about his upcoming high school reunion.

He was not asked to do Night Shift 2 and will not be in it.

He discussed his thoughts on both Maxie and Lulu. He loves working with both Kirsten & Julie.

He then took a recording for his web show on Soapnet.com

After that he visited every single table to get a chance for people to take pictures and visit. When we got to our table he commented he had just show his mother this blog.

They then did a group picture & presented Bradford a letter of recognition. He seemed generally touched. and we hung out awhile and then I had to go. The kids needed me. Time to go back into mommy mode. I was going to bring my daughter today (I even paid for her to go) but the girl needed to rest and honestly it would not have been a good place for her to hang out for 4 hours :) Maybe next time. If you ask my daughter what her favorite Spinelli moment is her response is "When he was Naked Momma.. It was so funny" Did I mention she was 4?

It was all and all a good event. How special it is Bradford is so eager to give back.
Related Links:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

*does called it dance* Asperger's would be a TRIP storyline for him...I hope they decide to go with it one day. It's interesting that they have at least thought about it cuz I have been thinking that for a while now. His mannerisms are nuts.

Rene' said...

Thanks for sharing, Penny! Great photos and story. And it is NOT bad that you worked your child's birthday party around this event. Happy Moms make Better Moms!! :)

Jess said...

Most excellent...thank you very much!!

I had thought about Aspergers but decided on something else. Spinelli had such a horrific childhood that he created another persona...the jackal. We have yet to see the real Damian Spinelli. GH could do SO MUCH with this storyline, and Bradford would be guaranteed an Emmy for next year.

spikey said...

I think I like Jess's idea better than the Asperger's one. There is alot of stuff that fits, but other symptoms don't.

It wouldn't be unheard of that a genius child with an unhappy childhood would build a fantastical life --naming himself the Jackal. (after all his real name is Damian)

I was sad that Stephanie (who is stationed in Iraq) couldn't make it. We were rooting for her. Glad she's back on American soil, though. Just missed him by thismuch. :(

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your pictures, stories, videos with us. I am glad you had a wonderful time.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all this! As Spikey said - i was thisclose to being home to attend but was flying in THAT DAY. ugh. oh well I will see him in January.

These recaps and videos are the next best thing. he is a sweetheart.