Tuesday, June 10, 2008

What a difference a year makes....

I have been lamenting for a couple of weeks now about how much difference a year can make, and where Bob Guza’s GH storylines (I use the term loosely) are concerned, it can mean going from complete love to absolute loathing and back again until you decide to start carrying sick bags from the spinning (no pun intended). In the life of Spinelli and his ladies, it’s beyond belief.

LULU
Lulu in particular has made a complete 180 for me in a way I NEVER thought was possible. Remember last year when Lulu looked like this, so fresh-faced, upbeat, strong willed but kind and compassionate? She was the best of the supercouple that is Luke and Laura from whose awesome loins she was born.

Remember just a scant year ago when Lulu was a true friend to Spin and he to her? Even if his love went unrequited, they were there for each other whenever it counted. Remember when we thought scenes like this were so eeeeeeeee-inspiring that we couldn’t wait to get to the blog to post about it? SpinLu Forever!













Or so we thought. Just a year later, we find this:
















A shrill, shrieking, self-destructive, meddling, smug, spoiled brat of a banshee whom I can barely stand to see on screen. I'm convinced she's a succubus. Spin is now an afterthought or a convenient comfort if she doesn’t get her way about something, which apparently is often given the amount of tantrums she throws. They didn’t even have her show up to provide comfort to poor Spinelli after the death of Georgie! Are you kidding me?? I can’t believe it but it happened - Guza has made me hate the CHILD of Luke and Laura.

  • AUTHOR'S EDIT: Let me just throw in here that I realize Julie Marie Berman is an actress, and, as such, is NOT Lulu Spencer. She is a lovely lady - I've met her, and she just radiates sweetness and charm - so I'm hoping that perhaps some of the shrill shrewishness were getting right now is partly due to JMB's own frustration with the turn Lulu has taken - or perhaps she's hoping if she plays her brittle enough and we complain loud enough, the PTB will take notice and change her course. I hope she's not holding her breath.

Did we NOT see the beautiful scenes between Lulu and Laura last December when it seemed so clear that Lulu wanted to honor her mother?

Now she's decided she wants to emulate an entirely different family member:






STOP THE MADNESS!












GEORGIE:
Georgie - so beautiful, vibrant and sweet, and she and Spin were the cutest of cute. Hope was in full bloom for one of the most adorable pairings on daytime TV.








Not EVEN a year later…






Nuff said

NADINE:
While Nadine was probably too old for Spin, they did make a smashing couple at the Black and White Ball.








Her sweetness and loyalty haven’t changed, but she and Spin have spent nary a screen second together since the ball. Guza seems to be assuring that they are never seen together again, lest we be intrigued by them as a couple, and he would then have to find a way to thwart Spin’s possibilities for a romantic relationship once again. Bastard. It’s also worth mentioning that apparently Nadine’s taste in men is considerably fickle. You can hardly compare Spin and Nikolas – but I digress.

MAXIE:
Again, a COMPLETE 180 for me in the Maxie Jones department – one I never saw coming! Just a year ago, I loathed her very presence. She slept with Lucky and fed him pills. She tried to ruin Lulu at every turn. Causing pain for TWO Spencer children is cause for execution! Plus our Spin didn’t like the “bad blonde one,” and that was good enough for me! Not to mention she had HORRIBLE taste in clothes AND hairstyles:









What a difference a year can make!

Maxie has become absolutely adorable and spunky, still a trouble maker, but thanks to her friendship with Spinelli, we've seen a side of her that shows us there is so much more to her heart. She is fiercely loyal to Spin, much more than Lulu ever was, even at the expense of a job she would kill to keep (and if it means killing Lulu, I'm not averse to it right now). Anytime there is a Lulu/Maxie showdown going on, I can hardly contain myself in the hope that Maxie will give Lulu the bitch-slap she so desperately deserves.

Now our eeeeeee-inspiring moments look like this:









Who would have thunk it??

But rest assured, Guza is already in full swing, looking for a way to destroy any hope of SpinMax as a couple.

CALL THE COMMENT LINE SO WE DON'T HAVE TO SEE THIS FACE ANYMORE!








--Screen caps courtesy of Laurieluvsliason and General Hospital Happenings

6 comments:

Penny said...

Oh Rene' I LOVE THIS.. so so so much. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Rene...I just noticed that you cap from CTV...I watch on CTV Toronto - live just outside of there.. I didn't know there was so much Spin-love up here in the great white north.

Anonymous said...

you speak the truth!

its strange how the abscence or prescence of spinelli can affect a character so much.

Rene' said...

Many thanks, cdnlady, for mentioning that as I completely forgot to give credit for where I got those screen caps. I'm in southern California, though LaurieluvsLiason, the site I got a lot of those caps from, apparently lives in Canada. She is ON TOP OF THE CAPS! :)

Jess said...

This was so much fun to read, and all so true. Thanks.

spikey said...

Bradford makes everything better.