Wednesday, January 30, 2008

My take on Spinelli/Maxie

Have we still not settled on an official name? lol...I had this idea of "Snarkie"...what do we think?

I'm going to piggy-back on Penny's analysis of the Spin/Maxie scenes from today. For starters, they were great! Definitely a good foundation for things to come. Depending on the writing, I can see this becoming a very deep character developing storyline for both characters, and that's the best kind! As they grow together to clear Cooper's name, so much wonderful stuff could happen. This is like the good old days of character interactions -- no forcing a romantic connection, just an honest reason for two people to depend upon each other and maybe discover the possiblity of more.

I think Maxie holds love at a distance just like Lulu did, at least until every guy in a 50 mile radius started throwing themselves at her feet... Maxie has certainly had a lot of experience with men, but I'd venture to say she's never had anyone, besides maybe Mac and Georgie, love her and worship her unconditionally. I think whatever woman is lucky enough to be Spinelli's girlfriend will find herself on the most realistic pedestal known to man (meaning that she's worshipped in the best way possible) with all the love a support a girl could wish for. The men Maxie has been with have almost excentuated her insecurities and made her feel like she had to go out of her way to keep him around. Can you imagine what she'd do if she was the one being adored? How would she react? Would she self-destruct and push it away? Maybe Spinelli will be that guy who finally convinces Maxie she is safe and sound, there's nothing to be scared of and she deserves happiness?

Forget the guns and speedboats and daring rescues....I want to see Spinelli do the rescuing with his heart.

3 comments:

spikey said...

Spixie. People are even saying they are A-Spixie-ated! So cute.

You write like a chicken.. You write like a girl.

I am going to love them.

Anonymous said...

Spixie is definitely cute! It's probably my favorite.

I think what I like most is that even when dealing with something serious/tragic, they can still be humorous yet endearing. It's not like slapstick or comic relief, it's HONEST banter. LOVE that!

Anonymous said...

Spixie were really cute together yesterday. I need MORE.