Saturday, March 14, 2009

An Open Letter


I wrote this on the Spinelli LiveJournal just after the "I love you" scene aired today and I wanted to share it with the blog.


Open Letter to My Snowflakes, aka Daisy Children:

Guys, I'm so happy. Jenna (from Opposite Attraction) texted me a simple little statement that read, "she said it".

I was in the middle of helping my dad put up groceries and all I could do was stand there in silence. A can of green beans in one hand, a sack of chips in the other. "What a year," I thought, putting them into the cabinet. My hands hovered over the a box of cereal for a minute and I sighed...counting to myself all the meltdowns (at least a solid 12) we've been through.

Milk in the fridge. "She really said it," I pondered. Numbness, truly. All this work...if some of you knew how much work it really has taken to get to that scene, you would understand why I had to take a deep breath before putting away the ice cream.

Dad killed a bug as I stood thinking "...Are they (you guys) happy? I just want them to be happy." A pile of plastic bags (sorry, we're not a Green family yet) was at my feet. I just looked at them, holding back a sigh (or maybe it was a laugh...or a tear?)

A few more text messages chirped on my phone. I read them, in a daze. I didn't get to see the show today, the day I've worried, fretted, and waited on a ledge for. For some reason, that seems fitting. Of course I'd miss this day of all days. It's been over a year, and she finally said it.
I don't know what else to say, other than I'm so genuinely happy for you guys...the Spixie fans who waited it out...My eyes are getting just a little blurry writing this.

The groceries are all put up now. I'm going to go sit quietly and reflect. Then, I'm going to call the comment line and draft a letter.

Much respect, and even more love,

Lindsay

No comments: