Thursday, May 10, 2007

Just One Touch....

Thank you, Guza, for pacifying us with one beautiful SpinLu moment - before I know you're going to throw "Loogie" in our faces. (Oops, sorry, Penny - did I break the "bash" rule? :D)

I just adored how Spinelli reached out to Lulu in about a thousand different ways but only ever touching her once or twice. You could tell he wanted to comfort her but just wasn't sure if he should hold her, put his hand on her shoulder, hug her....but he comforted her with his words. I love that the writers are showing that Spinelli has a great depth of love and intelligence and is not just the "pot head computer geek" they insinuated him to be when he was first brought on the show.

It was tremendous that they added the music. I wonder what writer had to do rock/paper/scissors with Guza to win that little triumph?

3 comments:

Penny said...

no you can call him cockroach all you want Rene' LOL. (the 'rule' only applies to me) Loogie is pretty tame anyways.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with this post Rene', thanks for writing it!

It's very true, BA was great today at "reaching out" to Lulu without touching her -- that shows real talent, real depth as an actor. Yay Bradford!

Here's to more fantastic and beautiful Spinlu moments!

Anonymous said...

I don't understand GH or the way it's written. I hate the way they tried to villainize Lucky today by saying his baby was in peril because it stayed in the hospital one freaking day. lol. (and using My Spinelli to egg it on) GH viewers aren't stupid, they know that Guza is taking a loved character and using him to push his agenda. That only feeds resentment from fans, IMO. Lulu is finally coming out good in this because at least she is giving some POV on the other side. Poor dumb Lucky is in oblivion, as always.

I also resign myself that we aren't going down the Spinlu road, and then today they write a scene for them like that final one about the abortion and that baby. It showed real connection and affection between them. He will be her Jason if nothing else, and that's something, I suppose.