Sunday, June 3, 2007

Guest Contributor: Magic at the Marriott

As soon as I heard that Bradford Anderson was hosting his first official fan event in NYC, I knew I had to be there. I've been watching General Hospital for almost nine years, but I had never been to a soap opera event before this one. Spinelli is my favorite GH character and the main reason why I look forward to watching the show. Bradford does such a great job of bringing this character to life. He is an incredibly talented actor, and I couldn't wait to meet him.
My mom and I watch General Hospital together so I convinced her to come with me to Bradford's event. While we were waiting to check in we met up with Stephanie who I have been talking with on MySpace and her daughter, Rebecca. They are both great!!! The four of us were sitting at the same table and we had fun talking while we waited for the event to begin.
I was so excited when Bradford walked into the room! He made everyone feel welcome right away. He is so cute and charming. The event began with a question and answer session. All of Bradford's answers were honest and sincere. He was very funny and made us laugh a lot. After the Q&A, Bradford went around to each table to sign autographs, take pictures, and talk with each person. It was so wonderful to meet him! He gave me a hug and we chatted for a little while as he autographed two photos. He also talked with my mom before we took some pictures. He is such a sweet guy!!!
After Bradford had gone around to all of the tables, the professional photographer took a group photo. Then it was almost time to go. But before leaving I got the chance to say goodbye to Bradford and tell him how much fun I had. That was an awesome end to an amazing afternoon.
Oh and if you haven't already, you should definitely read Stephanie's GREAT recap of the event titled Fan Fare. (Penny posted the link.) She included some pictures! :)
--Allison

Thank you Allison for sharing your experiance with us

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Allison, I'm so glad we were able to share in the excitement of this wonderful event together. Being there with you and your mom (and my daughter, of course!) made the experience even more unforgettable!

Penny said...

pretty interesting set of circumstances. I asked Allison if she would write something up a few week ago and i end up posting a link to her picture before I post what she wrote.

Thank you again Stephanie and Allison for sharing your experiance.

Bradford#1fan said...

I was so wicked to finely meet Bradford Anderson. It has always been a dream of mine to meet Bradford. When we first got there we had to sign in and get our table numbers. I was seated at table 1. They had pictures of Bradford for you to buy to get signed. First there was Q & A. Then Bradford went to each table and spent time with each fan separately, autographing pictures and taking photos with the fans. They had a raffle. You bought tickets. They would hold up a special GH Spinelli item and pick a ticket and call out it's number. The person that had the ticket with that number on it got the item they were holding up. There was a professional photographer there taking lots and lots of pictures. Since this was Bradford's first PA we took a group photo with Bradford. Maybe the photo will be in one of the soap magazines. Bradford is so down to earth. He reminds me of my Cousin Marc. The whole thing was totally wicked.